We encourage the reproduction and distribution of the QuitCoal.org materials, electronic products and/or services, including our name and logo. However, there are limits on these uses. If you want to use any materials on our site, please read and abide by the following ground rules.
Spread the word! Articles, Text, Images, and Video
- In general, articles and text hosted at QuitCoal.org are free to use for personal or educational purposes. Please do include a note saying: “Source: QuitCoal.org (http://www.quitcoal.org)” and reproduce any by-line or copyright information provided in the original.
- Articles and text from third party sources remain the intellectual property and copyright of those third party sources, and permission for use should be sought from these original sources.
- You can see copyright information in the full-sized pop-up of any image by clicking on the thumbnail. Images © Greenpeace or © Greenpeace / Photographer are copyright of Greenpeace. Any image which is copyright of Greenpeace that appears on our website can be freely copied for personal or educational use, provided you reproduce the copyright information in its entirety.
- Images © Photographer / Greenpeace or © User are reproduced by permission, and reproduction permission must be sought from the original copyright source listed on these images.
- Commercial use of any Greenpeace or QuitCoal.org image without permission would constitute a copyright infringement and may infringe upon other rights.
- Use of video is subject to the same conditions as other materials above. However, please note that not all of our videos are available for download.
Link to Us! Use our Logo!
- Please feel free to link to us and help spread the word about our Quit Coal campaign. You don't need permission.
Please note that "Quit Coal", including the QuitCoal.org logo, belongs to Greenpeace, Inc. The logo remains the exclusive property of Greenpeace, and by using it you agree that you shall not, in any way whatsoever, register or attempt to register the trademark or challenge the same. Use of the logo is granted on the condition:
- that it shall be purely for referential and non-commercial purposes;
- you may not use the name and/or logo in any way that indicates or creates the impression that Greenpeace or QuitCoal.org endorses, approves, sponsors or is affiliated with any products, services or goods available on your own website;
- if contacted by us for violation of the above terms, you will immediately take down the content. You understand that improper use of our name and/or logo may result in legal action.
Use us, don't abuse us!
We expressly forbid the use of any Greenpeace material appearing at this site, and/or the Greenpeace name and logo, for:
- personal or corporate gain except by express permission as noted below;
- party political advertising or the suggestion of endorsement by us of any candidate for public office;
- any suggestion of our endorsement of a product or policy where such endorsement has not explicitly been made by us ourselves;
- any suggestion of our endorsement of, or connection with, websites that we, in our sole discretion, finds to be of an illegal or objectionable nature, which includes obscene, violent, intolerant, denigrating or containing sexually-oriented content or materials;
- any false representation of yourself as a Greenpeace office, employee, agent or official spokesperson, or any false representation that you are raising funds or donations for Greenpeace or the Quit Coal campaign.